25 Jun 2013

Shocks, Springs & Poly's

Finaly got around to spending some time on the car :)

I had dicided to take Huggles when we go on holiday, instead of her just standing around and rusting but before we could that I needed to change the front righthand side shock absorber as it was making clanking sounds, (which it has been doing for quite some time now).

Anyway I called Mad Max (Max Wollenberg) to see if I could borrow his car lift and if he could help me. This wasn't a problem. So 4 days after recieveing the parts I was on my way over to Max with 4  shocks, 4 springs, a box full of poly's, 7,5L 5W40, oil filter, rotor filter, diesel filter, air filter, steering damper, drop arm, pack set for steering box and 6 different oil filter tools.

We managed to change all the shocks and springs with thier respective poly's and the oil, (both filters) and the diesel filter. The air filter I gave to Max as it was part of the package but I didn't need it because of the K&N filter already installed. (just have to clean that this weekend).

I need to buy some more oil and check the level tomorrow.

I might also have to put the back seats in this weekend as I just found out I might have to drive Philip (my little brother) and Line around while we're at the summer house, I wonder if I can find the bolts?

No comments: