30 Oct 2010

Update + Lani Bil

Ok, its a while since but we had Huggles to the workshop to for 160K service. Bettina drove her up while I worked on the house. She also picked her up again. Dave (Mechanic at Hörby) told us we needed to change the rear calipers as they were all rusted up. I had noticed a 'whistling' sound and thought it was the bearing that needed changing. As I'd changed the front bearing last winter, (poor Huggles was standing all winter without front wheels :o( and we had tons of snow here) I had decided to pay my way out of it, time was also a fact. Anyway I drove up to Dave the other week and while he was changing the calipers we talked about the black smoke Huggles has been emiting. I'd read it could be a poor mixture that produced this but Dave hadn't found anything when she was in, he thought I'd just been driving her to hard. When he asked if I had loss of power and I said yes, he popped the hood and had a look around, when he came to the turbo he noticed the arm connected to the flap had fallen off!! The gods alone know how and when this happened. We've had the black smoke since she came out of the workshop this spring and before she went in everything was fine. Anyway Dave put a new c-clip on and wow, I could feel the difference (35HP more) and no black smoke. VERY happy.

Today we had Huggles out in the woods around Knutstorp Race Track, Sweden. A company called Lanibil had arranged a day of fun, where we met up with other members of SLRK and could drive our cars around a track which was originally built by Volvo to test the XC90 but they found out that they couldn't use the track in autumn/winter as the XC90 couldn't cope with the hilly parts. So today (autumn and we've had alot of rain lately) we drove all types of Land Rover around including a Freelander, which did the whole track several times without incident. Also we had the chance to drive some road-book trips in all the new models and clay pigeon shooting, that was fun. All in all a very good day and a welcome break from house renovation. On our way home we washed the mud off and now Huggles looks like a dream ;o)

Tomorrow is back to the house 'project'

No comments: