23 Mar 2013

SLRK - Workshop meet

Today we had a workshop meet with the SLRK. Mad Max was kind enough to let us use his garage where he has a 4-piller car lift and his neighbor also let us use the garage across the street which he has for sale. So all-in-all 6 cars had something done to them during the day, which ranged from mounting a winch to a Discovery 2, changing an exhaust on a Series 2, Nano-coming several Discovery's to several odds jobs on a Discovery 1.
I did nothing on Huggles, even though an oil change is due and I think maybe the steering shock should be changed.
Max got his local ICA-store to sponsor lunch, (hot-dogs and soda) and the company supplying his work with work clothes to sponsor reflective vests for crossing the road from one workshop to the other.
It was a nice drive over to Max and back again, I opted for the scenic route, instead of taking the motorway.
After up-dating the Blog I should have lifted Huggles at Max' to clean some of the oil from the undercarriage, I'll have to ring him at a later date to arrange to go over and do this maybe also the oil change.
I also met Bob today. Bob is from Bristol and has a cabin here in Sweden with his wife. They travel over here every 2 - 3 months. Max said Bob is willing to lend his address out for purchases in the UK and bring the stuff with him when he comes over next. I will probably use this service to buy foam insulation, if he's OK with that.

No comments: